This month, first-third graders will be learning about cooperation. When we have cooperation, it means we work together! We will learn about how we can work together with friends, with others who are different and with Jesus through the bible stories “The Four Friends”, “Many Members, One Body” and “Jesus Feeds the 5,000”.
God's Kids in Action... At Home
GodZone is just one small part of your child’s faith journey. You can help support your child’s faith formation by bringing the GodZone lessons to life at home each week.
Here are some ideas for the next few weeks:
- Hang up your child’s God’s Kid in Action magnet somewhere visible. Remind your child that they are God’s Kid in Action even at home!
- Ask your child to share examples of how they used cooperation and “worked together with friends” in school
- Share a time that you had to work together with a friend to get something done!
- As a family, play a team game that requires cooperation (For example, Catch Phrase, Charades, Sequence, Telestrations, or Cranium!)
- Bake as a family! Give each person a few different ingredients to be in charge of. It’ll take cooperation to put the ingredients together to make a tasty treat!
- Ask your child to reenact the Bible story of the Four Friends using a small towel and a stuffed animal to represent the paralyzed man!