Shepherd of the Valley actively partners with families in our mission of faith formation. It all begins in the waters of baptism, and continues into adulthood.
The entire community of faith also plays a significant role in the formation of vibrant faith in children and youth, and so we strive to:
- Recruit, train and support adults to work with Children, Youth, and Families in ways that fit their gifts, passions, and personalities.
- Empower the whole congregation to fulfill their responsibilities as the adoptive “faith family” of all young people through educating and inviting participation in creative, authentic, and appropriate ways.
- Recognize that all the ministries of the church are tied to CYF ministry and collaborate across departments for forming vibrant faith.
The following ministries support children (birth through fifth grade and their families:
- Parenting Classes (visit the Adult Learn page to see what classes are currently scheduled)
- Programs to support moms
- GodZone (Christian Education)
- Celebrating Children Preschool
- Vacation Bible School
- Mini Camps
- First Communion
- Free Family Fun (visit the Events page to see what events are currently scheduled)
Registration begins January 3, 2017
Download Registration Form
June 5-8 // 9:30 am - Noon
All Mixed Up is at capacity. To be put on the wait list, please click here.
Space is limited so register today. Must be 4 years old by 9/1/2017.
July 17-20 or July 24-27 // 9:30 am - Noon
Early Bird Registration Fee: $40. $45 Registration Fee after June 1
August 14-17 // 9:30 am - Noon
Thursday, October 12, 2017 (celebrated at worship October 14 or 15)
Monday, January 19, 2018 (celebrated at worship February 3 or 4)
Tuesday, March 27, 2018 (celebrated at Maundy Thursday worship March 29 at 7:00 pm)
Monday, April 30, 2018 (celebrated at worship on May 5 or 6)
Use block below for
Use block below for
Shepherd of the Valley invites all people to experience the Welcome, Transformation, and Sending of Jesus Christ.
In community, we discover, grow, and live into our individual relationships with Jesus Christ, through four core ministries: Worship, Learn, Connect, and Care.