Shepherd’s Columbarium and Memorial Garden, to be built on the grounds of Shepherd of the Valley, will provide a sacred resting place for those with a connection to our church.
With a beautifully landscaped setting, the Columbarium and Memorial Garden will be a place for peaceful meditation and prayer among those we have loved and whose lives and service we wish to remember.
Columbarium niches are companion niches, which mean that the cremains of up two (2) decedents may be stored in each niche.
Each niche, whether used for one (1) or two (2) cremains, is $1,900.
This is a pre-construction price and is guaranteed until April 1, 2017. After this time, the price is subject to increase.
A down-payment of $950, or 50%, must be submitted with your reservation. The remaining $950 is due April 1, 2017.
The cost for the niche, $1,900, includes a marble inscription plate. The cost for engraving names and dates onto the plate is not, however, included, and will be charged at the prevailing cost at the time of inurnment and inscribing.
One name and date inscribed:
$145 per niche front + shipping
Two names and dates inscribed:
$230 per niche front + shipping
Steps to Secure a Niche
- Request a Columbarium Packet from any Committee member, the Facility Manager, pastoral staff, or the church office.
- Review the Columbarium Packet’s materials.
- Complete the Reservation Form, found in the packet, and include a 50% down payment. Checks can be made out to “SOTV Columbarium.”
- Upon acceptance and con-firmation of the reservation, you will receive the Certificate of Inurnment Rights.
- Pursuant to inurnment, an Inscription Order Form is to be completed by the decedent’s representative with exact name and dates of birth and death.