Saturday, February 24
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Cost: $20 (includes continental breakfast)
Optional lunch from 12:15 - 1:00 pm: $10
Registration has been closed for this event. Limited seats will be available that morning.
What would it be like to actually sit with Jesus as he explained scripture to you?
The Bible often seems foreign to us, with stories and imagery that make us scratch our heads. Much of our difficulty is a cultural one. Our modern technological society sees life very differently than the first-century Jewish world of Jesus.
Featuring Nationally Known Author & Teacher, Lois Tverberg.
Lois will guide us on a journey back in time so that we might understand the Bible as a first century disciple of Jesus. Tools will be shared for reading the Bible with new insight.
Lois will also speak on February 25 at 9:45 am during Sunday Forum.
- 8:30 am – registration & continental breakfast
- 9:00 am – 1st presentation: Being There: Crossing the Cultural Divide
- 10:00 am – 2nd presentation: East vs. West: How the Bible “Thinks”
- 11:00 am – 3rd presentation: Jesus’ Bold Jewish Messianic Claims
- 12:15 pm – optional lunch
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm – Q & A session (facilitated by Pastor Randy)
All four of Lois Tverberg's books are available for purchase at Shepherd of the Valley. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Listening to the Language of the Bible
- Walking in the Dust of Rabbi Jesus
- Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus
- Reading the Bible with Rabbi Jesus
Read more at BiblePlaces.com