Parent Night: Wednesday, March 7
Students and a parent should plan to attend Confirmation together at the hour of programming (4:30, 5:45, or 7:00) that works best for your family on Wednesday, March 7.
Each hour begins in the Sanctuary and after a Large Group opening, families may choose from one of the following breakout sessions:
- Looking Ahead to 9th Grade: This is a special breakout session designed with 8th graders in mind. Come get your questions about 9th Grade Confirmation answered, and learn more about the Rite of Confirmation Service.
- Make It Okay: This session helps participants learn about mental illnesses, how to combat stigma and effective ways to talk about mental illnesses as a general public, and also on a personal level. Each session is led by a representative from NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers: We all have one primary way in which we experience and feel loved that Dr. Gary Chapman has identified in his five love languages. In this session, participants learn about each of these love languages, identify the primary love language of ourselves and family members, and discuss ways in which we can show love to one another that has a lasting impact.
Confirmation Options for Grades 6-8
Each participant registers for either A or B:
A) Weekly Sessions
Wednesdays through School Year
A typical Wednesday session includes a Large Group teaching time and a small group reflection, discussion or activity.
- 4:30 pm (all grade levels at capacity)
- 5:45 pm
- 7:00 pm
B) One Weekend Retreat
There will be only ONE weekend for the retreat option this year - Friday, August 17 - Sunday, August 19, 2018. Registration is closed for the retreat option.
Retreat + Monthly Small Group
An overnight (Friday-Sunday) experience centered in worship, prayer, scripture, conversation, and fun powerfully impacts faith and Christ-centered relationships. Small groups will decide which day they will hold their monthly gathering.
All Confirmation participants in Grades 6-8 are also expected to:
- Worship regularly and complete worship notes
- Attend 2 Parent Nights (Wednesday evenings)
- Participate in 2 Service Opportunities (various days)