October 1 - 2, 2018
Note: You will not be able to register using Internet Explorer. Please use a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.
Are you ready for our first overnight adventure led by Historian Dave Bredemus? He'll take us on the Great River Road along the Mississippi River through the towns of Dickeyville, Cassville, Potosi, De Soto, WI, and Guttenburg, Iowa on our way to historic Galena, IL, a town on the National Register of Historic Places, and part-time home of Ulysses S. Grant and eight other Civil War generals. We'll spend the night in Dubuque, Iowa where we'll ride the Fenton Place Cable Car, tour a historic Methodist church with priceless Tiffany stained glass windows, and enjoy a progressive dinner at three different mansions. The next morning we'll go to Galena to explore the town with Dave, tour the historic Belvedere home, and have some free time too. We'll return home on the Wisconsin side, stopping to tour Prairie du Chien.
We will leave on a deluxe motor-coach from SOTV on Monday, October 1 at 7:30 am and arrive back at SOTV at 9:00 pm on Tuesday night, October 2.
- Per person cost for 2 people using a double room with 2 beds - $300
- Cost for 1 person using a single room - $360
- Per person cost for 3 persons using a triple room with 2 queen beds - $280
Overnight adventure led by Historian Dave Bredemus includes:
- one night's lodging at the Holiday Inn in downtown Dubuque
- progressive dinner and one additional dinner
- one breakfast and one bakery/coffee stop
- church tour
- Belvedere home tour
- cable car ride
- city tours of Galena, Dubuque, and Prairie du Chien
- the bus and all tips
It is a 5-hour bus trip to Dubuque (restroom on-board the bus) and is limited to 51 travelers.
REGISTRATION ON THE SOTV SITE WILL OPEN ON JULY 9 AND WILL CLOSE ON AUGUST 9.
Questions? Contact Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org.