Make Every Day Valentine's Day
Posted: February 16, 2017
Transformation @Home: an ongoing series of ideas to nurture faith formation outside the church.
Valentine's Day has come and gone, with all of it's greeting cards, chocolates, and flowers. Putting aside the commercial aspects of this holiday, a day to recognize and give our love to others is certainly worthy of merit. In fact, why can't we do this every day? Here's a few ideas you can try at home with your family:
- Make a big heart on your bathroom mirror. Write the words “You are loved” or “I love you”.
- Display post-it notes in your home or car with versions of the phrase, “Jesus love you and I do, too.”
- Bake a heart-shaped cake and have a party. Celebrate the love God has given you.
- On a large piece of paper, write “Because I love you, I will…” Invite family members to fill in the blanks
- Model God’s unconditional love by teaching your children to respond to people's mistakes with the phrase, “I don’t like what you do, but I still love you!
- Be kind to the people you meet by offering them a smile, a greeting or a gesture as you pass by.
Material from "101 Faith Place" by Miriam Campbell